Friendship is Magic Guild Forum
April 17, 2024, 10:46:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Guild Forum! Things will be more organized as we get around to it.

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Announcing the Bronify Azeroth Ni Karma DKP Prize contest!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing the Bronify Azeroth Ni Karma DKP Prize contest!  (Read 1547 times)
Bastiat

Level: 3

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2011, 01:47:18 pm »

With more and more ponies hitting 85 lately, I decided that it's time to unveil the DKP system I decided upon: Ni Karma.

Developed by elite mathematicians on Icecrown, Ni Karma is an almost-zero-sum DKP system designed specifically to reward diligent raiders while at the same time preventing merit inflation and keeping loot within the realm of attainability for newer ponies.

If it sounds complicated, it's because it is, but it's very easy to get used to. Because we aren't raiding regularly yet, how can we practice?

The answer is simple: On PRIZES

Here is how it works!

1) Starting TODAY, Sunday July 17th 2011, perform different FEATS OF PONY POWER as listed below, to earn DKP!

2) During the Brony Buddy Party on July 31st, two weeks from now, submit your bid on the prize! There are only TWO bids you can make: "BONUS" and "NOBONUS"
----BONUS bids will /roll 100 and add their ENTIRE stockpile of DKP to the random result. If a bonus bid wins, your DKP is reset to ~ZERO*~ until the next prize is announced.
----NOBONUS bids will /roll 100 and add NOTHING to the result. If a NOBONUS bid wins the prize, 25DKP is deducted from your total and you keep the rest for the next round of prizes.

*this is slightly different from the actual raid DKP system, in which winning a bonus roll only halves your DKP.

3) Prizes are mailed the following Monday. Anypony who did not get a prize, keeps all of their DKP for the next prize race!

THIS WEEK'S PRIZE IS
The "Friendship is Magic" Five Piece Gift Set

Contains:
1 x Spike
1 x Applejack (w/o hat)
1 x Twilight Sparkle
1 x Pinkie Pie
1 x Storybook (??)
1 x Celestia's Evil Pink-coated Doppleganger (!!??)

So, what can YOU do to earn DKP? Just because we aren't raiding regularly, doesn't mean we don't have a ton of work to do! Level characters, trades, gear and the guild!

RECRUITMENT TASKS
Refer a Friend: Gain 15 DKP for friend enrollment, plus all the crazy crap that Blizzard heaps on you.
Copy a level 85 to Arathor: Gain 20 DKP for one level 85 transfer. Copying characters is expensive, but helps us all! (Offer valid only for ONE new character transfer.)

POWER UP TASKS
Level the Guild: Earn 10 DKP per 640000xp of weekly activity. Get on those challenges! (Starts TUESDAY due to server reset)
Level Yourself: Level 1-60 gain 1 DKP every two levels, level 60-75 gain 5 DKP every two levels, level 75-85 gain 5 DKP per level!

ONE TIME BONUS
Census: 5 DKP when you post to the Official Guild Census damn it.
Mumble: 5 DKP when I spot and register your name on our Mumble server.

Q&A

Q: The starting gun is now!? But I just leveled ten levels in one day! That's not fair!
A: There has to be a starting point somewhere! Keep at it! If you just hit 85 you can switch from leveling to the even more lucrative guild XP farming.

Q: I'm just a low level! There's no way I can keep up with higher characters!
A: The Ni Karma system means that almost everypony has at least some glimmer of hope. Someone with 90 DKP still has a chance to lose against someone with 10! Still, it will be easier for high levels to earn DKP and this is by design.

Q: I disagree with the DKP values / It's not fair that X is worth more than Y / why isn't any DKP earned for doing Z?
A: I'm only ONE DUDE running this thing, so I have kept the list of qualifying activities down to things that I can easily monitor. This is all still very much a testing phase and I will be making changes as the guild needs change, or if things do not work out, but I will make these changes after the conclusion of the current contest.

Q: I hate the prize! What will the next one be?
A: Just like a real raid, you never know what loot will drop next. Save up your DKP and see what comes your way!

Q: When will the next contest be / how many will there be / how frequent will you run them?
A: I don't know, I don't know, and I don't know. I have one other prize to give out for sure, but a lot of this depends on how successful this is. Prizes cost money, and time!

« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:41:59 pm by Bastiat » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Twlitesprkle
Newcomer

Level: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 04:22:48 pm »

Shocked  Pony Prizes!!!  Wewt
Report Spam   Logged

IT"S MY BOOK AND I AM GOING TO READ IT!!!!!
Twlitesprkle
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 08:12:03 pm »

Need more ponies on Mumble.... i am not much of a talker and i am still new to being Brony, but this is one of the emptiest voice chats i have used  Sad  Dunno, guess i am just used to logging on Vent for guild runs in my other guild.
Report Spam   Logged

Bastiat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 09:43:11 pm »

Need more ponies on Mumble.... i am not much of a talker and i am still new to being Brony, but this is one of the emptiest voice chats i have used  Sad  Dunno, guess i am just used to logging on Vent for guild runs in my other guild.

No, you're right, it's underused right now. Granted, though, I only registered it maybe two weeks ago so it's taking a bit for everyone to notice it. On top of that, we're all still familiarizing, and we don't really do much cooperative activities that might require vent, so there you have it. I made it part of the contest to register on mumble to try and prod people into using it more, only to find that I'm guilty of forgetting about it myself.

Practice makes perfect!
Report Spam   Logged
Bastiat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 07:26:23 pm »

Standings as of 7/31/2011

Alicag     12
Altru        50
Appletini     8
Asheras     109
Derpyh     41
Eaadora     69
Edtehgnome5
Ember     70
Featherwin  70
Flutterguyy  55
Fluttertree     17
Fodenfex     20
Friedman     60
Ihatemuffins55
Inkypie     10
Joihra     14
Kevara     5
Mintel     6
Mintelle     35
Mintellia     8
Mlpcue     110
Parasprite     15
Pwrfultrixie  3
Raritypony     7
Satu        7
Sphaerae     5
Twlitesprkle 48
Uhunh     20
Vinylscratch 18
Zoomer     2

If you see any grievous errors, please notify me
Report Spam   Logged
Bastiat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 10:41:15 pm »

Congrats to Vinylscratch for winning the gift set!

Next contest will start whenever I feel like it. Interest in this contest was actually very low and almost nobody showed up for the drawing :\
Report Spam   Logged
Twlitesprkle
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 06:45:31 pm »

Cheesy  Grats to the winner.  I would actually have bid and all, but i have the set so i didn't try too hard  LOL
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: