Friendship is Magic Guild Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:29:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Guild Forum! Things will be more organized as we get around to it.

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

MLP FiM Ponies as WoW Classes?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MLP FiM Ponies as WoW Classes?  (Read 1166 times)
Illumina
Newcomer

Level: 0

[Ariathiel] on Arathor

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2011, 11:29:07 am »

Something I've thought about for a while, even before I saw the "World of PonyCraft" fanfic:
If the FiM cast were to become character classes in WoW, what class/spec would they be?
I'm curious to see what others come up with..... some are fairly easy/obvious, but any that aren't let's list our thoughts on why they would pick those class(es).

Fluttershy: Druid (Restoration / Feral)
This one's pretty easy, as much as Fluttershy likes nature & animals, Druid seems like a no-brainer.
Feral offspec because, I can just imagine her frolicking around in a forest with animal friends.
(And because FlutterRage+Bear form is a frighteningly good match).

Applejack: Warrior (Protection / Huh)
I need to have Yahria draw Applejack in warrior battlegear someday. It just seems to fit with her as a heavy tank in my mind.
Out of the mane six, she seems the one most likely to stand firm between her friends and a raging behemoth.
Offspec would be either Arms or Fury, but let's face it - how often does a Tank take it easy and just tear things apart?

Rainbow Dash: Paladin (Retribution / Protection)
Dash being a bit brash, hot-headed and arrogant, it almost screams Retribution Paladin to me. Besides, glowing wings of light are 20% cooler than regular wings, right? For some reason, I can imagine Dash being very competitive in PvE and PvP. In most games, Paladins are the epitome of righteousness and holy might - Retribution Paladins are the ones that say "Yeah, but I can be Righteous and smash your face in at the same time, and look 20% cooler while doing it!"
Offspec as Protection, because I could see Dash getting begged to tank someday when Applejack's stuck working on the farm. I don't see it going so well though. Smiley

Rarity: (A) Hunter (Beastmaster)
(B) Priest (Holy/Discipline)
Ok, this one really gave me pause. The Priest side seems obvious, but.... I don't know. Priests end up getting beat on a lot, and I can't see Rarity taking that too well.
So that's where Hunter comes in. Being able to stay far away from combat, and have a pet to go in and get dirty in your place seems more Rarity-ish. Let's not forget Feign Death. 'nuff said?
I can also imagine her being a bit more interested in certain pets due to their color scheme. "Oh my aren't you just the cutest little Ravager! I love how your purples and reds just positively compliment my mane! Oh, but we simply must do something about those spines of yours, perhaps a beauty spa treatment and a few ribbons will do wonders!" ........
Would not use Guns due to noise/gunpowder.

Twilight: (A) Shaman (Elemental / Restoration)
(B) Mage (Arcane / Frost)
Another one that I'm torn between. Mage seems obvious yes, with the arcane magic and portals. But with the exception of Food and Portals, almost everything in a Mage's spellbook is purely destructive. So I'm sort of torn....
That's where Shaman comes into my thought. Still have the "magic as primary", but it covers a much wider range of versatility with Healing, and a wide variety of totem buffs. Twilight seems more of a jack-of-many-trades, focusing on magic, than a pure glass cannon. I can also see her as a raid healer, running calculations on most efficent HP/sec & HP/mana graphing.

Pinkie Pie: (A) Mage (constantly switching specs)
(B) Rogue (constantly switching specs)
I know, I know.... Pinkie Pie? Casting magic? Bouncing around a pack of monsters spamming Arcane Explosions? Cooking up delicious cakes & treats for her friends? ..... but, doesn't it kind of make sense in a screwy way? And that makes me think of The Pink One.
As for Rogue? It all revolves around 1 word: "..... SURPRISE!" [Sap/Ambush/Shadowstep]

Bonus Mode!
Celestia: Priestess (Holy/Discipline).
Do I have to explain this one? Smiley Healing, PW:Shield, and ..... when bored, Holy Fire + Smite. o.O;

( T r o l l )estia: (A) Death Knight (Unholy/Unholy).
(B) Priest: (Shadow/Holy)
(Had to space out the T word because "Parasprite"estia just doesn't have the same ring to it!)
Problem? Yes, dual Unholy spec just to smite people who dare inspect her.
Shadow Priest needs no explain; Holy spec just to toy with people in a dungeon and stop healing them whenever she so choose..... "Ooooops, sorry, laaaaag~"

Luna: Death Knight (Unholy/Blood)
This one hurts me a bit to admit (the divine goddess of the moon as a risen knight of death?Huh). But it's exactly that inner, unescapable darkness a DK has to live with that calls "Luna".
Unholy for solo, and eventually if befriended by the mane 6 (<3) Blood for tanking.

VinylScratch/Octavia/Lyra: Oh, if only there was a BARD class......

Big Macintosh: Prot Warrior or Prot Paladin. eYup.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sanjo9
Newcomer

Level: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 11:11:46 pm »

Fluttershy, Applejack (OS is probably fury), and Twilight (option B) are the ones that make the most sense.  With Pinkie, I tend to only see her as a rogue, so that one's fine too.  With Rarity...I still think of her as being more geared towards a disc priest.  It's how I view the whole tailoring thing; it's supporting the others in some way.  For Dash, I typically see her as a hunter.  Not sure why, but it seems to work.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: