Friendship is Magic Guild Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:45:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Guild Forum! Things will be more organized as we get around to it.

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Raiding 101

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raiding 101  (Read 756 times)
Sweetiebear
Newcomer

Level: 0

Bear Tank with a Blank Flank

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2011, 09:21:28 am »

This needs to be stickied. Now.

While I'm not even max level on this toon, I have WotLK raiding experience, and know just how idiotic some ponies can get.

Example? I was once running FoS and PoS 5-mans to help old guildies gear up, and being a tank was the easy way to do it. I managed to grab one of our higher-geared holy pallies who was online to heal so the DPS didn't have much to worry about. Turns out the pally was wearing cloth armour.

I can personally not stress the first point enough, if you do not know your class, learn it. If you do not want to learn, then that's fine, just don't expect that there will be a lot for you to do. While it is a game, it can get fairly complex at points, and knowing yourself and how you work is one of your best defences. That's why I mainly play druids, I know how they work well enough that I can apply it when needed, or help others who are learning.

Just my two cents, and Para, your main post already says everything need to be said, I just wanted to add my experience with learning how to raid, lol.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: