Friendship is Magic Guild Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:10:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Guild Forum! Things will be more organized as we get around to it.

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

25 Man Raiding for 4.3

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 25 Man Raiding for 4.3  (Read 1987 times)
Parasprite
Newcomer

Level: 1

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2011, 02:04:06 am »

I've seen interests from numerous guild members and guild officers about moving to 25 man raiding.  Currently we raid Thursday/Sunday 5-8PM Server, but this can be adjusted if new raiders would prefer a different time.  25 man raiding in Cataclysm typically requires 2 tanks, 5 healers, and 18 DPS with a preference for ranged DPS.

If you are interested in raiding with us but not currently attending raids, please post so we know about your interest in raiding!  Also, if I included you incorrectly in the Current Raiders roster please correct me.

4.3 will provide a gear reset, so those who hit 85 before then will be on the same level as those who have been raiding for months.  This should allow an opportunity for new players to hop into raiding.

Current Raiders ~16 (Roles Covered: T = Tank, H = Healer, M = Melee, R = Ranged)
Bastiat/Friedman (TMR)
Parasprite/Flutterguyy/Braeburn (THR)
Vinylscratch (R)
Rainbowcrash/Paraspriteestia (HM)
Asheras (M) (Tank when required)
Stormspark (HR)
Scootaloo (HR)
Telith/Alagara (MR)
Allipes/Gamiel/Beroe (HMR)
Illuminia/Mylissian/Illumineko (THM)
Featherwin/Sklyra/Miscah (MR)
Estalese (R)
MLPCue (R)
Smoothgreen/Ihatemuffins (THMR)
Twlitesprkle (R)
Alagara (R)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 02:06:40 am by Parasprite » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Featherwin
Newcomer

Level: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 05:15:50 am »

I wouldn't mind.
Although the thought of 25 people on mumble already makes my head hurt.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 05:31:14 am by Featherwin » Report Spam   Logged

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly.... timey-wimey.... stuff.
Lunapony
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 09:24:03 am »

I like the idea.
Report Spam   Logged
Bastiat

Level: 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 06:05:20 pm »

I wouldn't mind.

I have considered breaking the raid down by role, so that healers can all hear each other and dps can all hear each other but everypony can hear the raid leader. Or if not by role then by some other, more compact form of grouping.

Mumble is awesome like that.
Report Spam   Logged
Twishy
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 06:53:42 pm »

Well I would certainly be open to raiding.  Right now I am raid ready on my Druid for healing or boomkin dps, but can also finish and gear my priest as heals/dps or my rogue as dps.  Just let me know what you guys need!   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pinkimena
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 08:36:32 pm »

I'm always open to the possibility of raiding. I have my Paladin (Rasrika) raid ready for tanking and melee dps, and I should have my hunter (Pinkimena) 85 and close to raid ready in another week or so.
Report Spam   Logged
Sweetiebear
Newcomer

Bear Tank with a Blank Flank

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 11:59:18 am »

I wouldn't mind.

I have considered breaking the raid down by role, so that healers can all hear each other and dps can all hear each other but everypony can hear the raid leader. Or if not by role then by some other, more compact form of grouping.

Mumble is awesome like that.
[2cents]
If it needs to be more compact, Ranged, Melee, Tank+Healers (Because having two tanks talk to each other and each other alone is somewhat silly, plus I personally like knowing what's up with my heals).

The whole "section it to two" idea seems fine, try it out, and if it's far too cluttered, take it down to the two forms of DPS and see what that is like.
[/2cents]
Report Spam   Logged
Parasprite
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 08:07:13 am »

It's probably not viable to start 25-man raiding during 4.2*, we may want to run two 10-mans in the mean time.  The second group could run concurrently or on a different night and do Tier 11 Raids until they are geared enough for FL.  (Similar to what the current 10-man group did)

There has also been interest from some in the current raids for doing T11 again or with alts.  The only requirement would be getting someone to be a raid leader for a second group and organize the events.  Are there any volunteers?

*25-mans are harder in general and many just hit 85 and aren't geared for some of the fights in FL yet.  With 4.3 the dungeon gear will be about the same quality as FL, so keep in mind even if you got to the party late you will be able to gear-up very quickly for Dragon Soul.
Report Spam   Logged

Illumina
Newcomer

[Ariathiel] on Arathor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 09:26:58 am »

May as well take my Death Knight Illumineko off the list; I just don't make the time to play her anymore since I've already got a Tank/Melee. Don't think she's even geared to tank Parasprites yet.

Trying to get/grind FL dailies for my Paladin for a viable beginning healing set. That one parasprite ZG healing was rough, but then again the tank was in PvP S10 gear. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Parasprite
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 01:41:23 pm »

Hmm... after looking at the numbers I have some reservations about 25 man raiding.

Baleroc 10m HP : 31.5m
Baleroc 25m HP : 113m (358.7%)

Given 25 man has 18 DPS vs. 6 DPS on normal, that is 119% DPS per person.  In the words of Rainbow Dash, it needs to be about 20% cooler.

Admittedly it is only 16.4k Post-Nerf on 25m, which is not difficult to hit raid-buffed with Zandalari/Molten Front/Justice gear optimally gemmed/enchanted/reforged so we may be fine to move to 25 man anyway and just help those without optimal gems/enchants/reforges/spec reach that point.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: