Friendship is Magic Guild Forum
April 20, 2024, 09:14:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Guild Forum! Things will be more organized as we get around to it.

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Left the Guild

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Left the Guild  (Read 1817 times)
Bastiat

Level: 3

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2011, 08:53:25 pm »

Para is right, his reasons are valid and I encourage everypony who feels the same to follow suit and seek other guilds.

I have been in a top 100 worldwide raiding guild in the past. I was in Talisman when they were eleventh worldwide to earn Alone In The Dark during wrath. It takes a certain, strict set of habits and attitudes in order to be a cutting edge raiding guild. Main character and spec assignment, strict raid team balance and gear requirements, stricter attendance, class and role min-maxing, none of them sound that big a deal alone but it adds up to an entirely different approach to raiding.

We are not that sort of guild.

Not all that many players want that sort of experience. Elite raiding guilds need to recruit heavily in order to limn out the serious raiders. Because we do not recruit from the gen pop at all, we can never be an elite raiding guild without completely changing our mission.

We are going to be a marginal raiding guild. We will never be top 200, or even 2000. We will probably never run heroic raids before Bliz patches all the challenge out. We will probably have to work a great deal before we make any headway into new content.

We should not expect anypony who wants to play differently to hang around.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: