Friendship is Magic Guild Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:38:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Guild Forum! Things will be more organized as we get around to it.

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Raid Restructuring: In the grim, bright future, there is only friendship.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Raid Restructuring: In the grim, bright future, there is only friendship.  (Read 3462 times)
Bastiat

Level: 3

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2011, 08:08:23 pm »

Some ponies are being left out in the cold on raid days. Other ponies are frustrated at the lack of progress and the need to constantly re-explain fights. To solve both problems, I feel it's necessary to establish a permanent, progression oriented raid team while also leaving room for our casual ponies and people who need raid experience and gear before facing progression content.

For this reason, I am creating two separate raid teams with separate sets of rules.

Team Loyalty will be our regular Thursday progression raid team consisting of ten members who will be expected to attend every week. Team Loyalty may optionally continue their Thursday raid on Sunday. Applicants will be subject to the following rules:

• Team members will be required to attend every Thursday raid. If a member cannot attend for some reason, they must notify guild leadership as soon as possible but no less than an hour in advance. Absent team members will be replaced by any available raider. Chronic absence will result in loss of membership.

• Team members will be required to maintain a minimum gear level. The precise requirements depend on available content. A general rule of thumb is that you will be expected to have a full set of the best gear possible apart from current raid progression content. Bastiat in his DPS kit is a perfect example of someone who has done the absolute bare minimum to qualify for team raiding. I am outfitted in top level 5-man gear with a handful of good token pieces. You can take a character from quest greens to this state in maybe three or four weeks of casual play. Except in extremely rare circumstances, PVP gear does not qualify.

• Team members must have every socket gemmed, every enchantable piece enchanted, and gear reforged appropriately. Again, the armory is a handy tool. In advanced mode it will highlight slots that can be improved with a red (!) sign. Hover over the dot and it will explain how you can improve.

• Members must be able to perform competitively in a raid scenario. The Pony Way is not to harp on mistakes, but members who exhibit ongoing performance issues with no improvement plan will be encouraged in a non-voluntary manner to practice their skills in the Royal Guard team.
¯
  • Members will NOT be required to learn how to perform more than one raid role... but it is very strongly recommended simply to avoid frequent cancellations due to unavoidable absences.
¯
Team Loyalty will have expanded access to the guild bank, a bigger budget for repairs, and priority access to guild materials for progression related gear enhancements and consumables. Teams and RG members alike will use the same DKP database when running progression content.

If more than ten raiders qualify for Team Loyalty, applicants will be evaluated based first on raid composition, second on current gear level and general affability. The remaining may help the Royal Guard with progression, or if there is sufficient interest we may attempt to form a second team, Team Honesty.

If fewer than ten people qualify for Team Loyalty, I will disband the guild and you can all go straight to Pony Hell.

The Royal Guard will be our regular Sunday raid comprised of casual raiders, new raiders, alts, and any clever ponies who happen to wander into the instance on the way to the kitchen.

There are no strict rules for raiding with the Royal Guard, but as always you will be expected to respect your fellow pony by bringing your A-game, gearing appropriately, and performing as well as you possibly can. The Royal Guard will run the most advanced content that it is able to, including Raid Finder raids if possible. The major difference is that the Royal Guard will run with whatever ponies happen to be available, with out any particular member list.

The object of the Royal Guard will be to cook up Team raiders and to provide fun and games for casual raiders who are not interested in Team level raiding.

If a raid team chooses to extend its raid to Sunday and is facing cancellation, the raid team may fill slots out of the Royal Guard raid.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:12:22 pm by Bastiat » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bastiat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 08:09:58 pm »

If you are interested in joining Team Loyalty for raid on Sunday, December 18th 2011 please respond to this thread with the name and armory link of the character you will be attending with.

Raiding will not resume until either Team Loyalty or the Royal Guard are finalized.

[edit: Armory only remembers the gear set that you last logged OFF while wearing.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 09:24:44 pm by Bastiat » Report Spam   Logged
Featherwin
Newcomer

Level: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 08:25:35 pm »

Featherwin
Maredowell
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:31:14 pm by Featherwin » Report Spam   Logged

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly.... timey-wimey.... stuff.
Braeburn
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 08:39:55 pm »

Whichever I would fit best http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Bra%C3%A9burn/simple
Report Spam   Logged
Niite
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 08:57:28 pm »

I will try my best if you need help. Still working on him but I can do some dmg. Should be more then ready on sunday, if needed i will update info on sing on sat
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Singulrarity/advanced
Singulrarity
Report Spam   Logged
Pokeypierce
Newcomer

Level: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 11:43:23 pm »

I still need some work but based on my performance on Ultraxion I'm confident in my DPS (24-25k). Plus I need to raid for my daggers gems. Right now I have three blues that need replacing but I should get them replaced before sunday.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Pokeypierce/simple
Report Spam   Logged

Pokeypierce the rogue
Niemand
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 01:28:44 am »

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Niemand/simple

I can attend every Thursday but not Sundays. But I am quite willing to be there with feasts and cake!
Report Spam   Logged
Bastiat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 06:23:35 am »

You guys really need to learn about belt buckles.
Report Spam   Logged
Illumina
Newcomer

[Ariathiel] on Arathor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 10:10:36 am »

Good luck guys!

I'm not interested in hard core raiding again; been there, done that.
Might join the Royal Guards once in a while though...

(EDIT: rofl, hard core together as one word gets filtered)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 10:17:50 am by Illumina » Report Spam   Logged
Niemand
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 08:48:05 pm »

I always buckle up! Also after negotiations with my boss I can raid tomorrow if y'all will take me.
Report Spam   Logged
Vinylscratch
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 11:00:39 pm »

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Vinylscratch/simple
Here you go, this is my armory page.  I can attend the Thursday and Sunday raid as I have been for a while.  I look forward to seeing progress with this new initiative.
Report Spam   Logged
Octavia
Newcomer

"Hey hey hey, stay outta my shed"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 04:27:20 am »

Hmm, the only issue I have with most guilds and serious raiding, is everyone getting worked up and real rude pretty fast. I've been in so many top progression raid guilds that it would happen to almost every single week. It stopped being fun and became a major job. Though I do want progression and to do end-game raiding. It's the major reason I joined the guild afterall. That and ponies of course. Wink I'm not the most geared, because I haven't gotten to come to many raids in the guild honestly. But I'm almost entirely at the point where all I can get is raid gear. I'm missing a couple pieces, I know. Namely gloves and a relic. I'll get them if I'm taken into Team Loyalty obviously. I have lots of experience end-game raiding too.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Disqord/simple
Report Spam   Logged

Defahn
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 11:04:05 am »

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Defahn/simple

As usual, I can attend, but I will half to get off half an hour early, if that's okay.
Report Spam   Logged
Stormspark
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 12:45:22 pm »

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Stormspark/advanced

DPS is up, but I can heal as that was why I rolled this toon in the first place.
Report Spam   Logged
Twlitesprkle
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 12:56:03 pm »

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Twlitesprkle/simple

That's me same times we always raid 5pm - 8pm
Report Spam   Logged

IT"S MY BOOK AND I AM GOING TO READ IT!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: