Friendship is Magic Guild Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:18:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Guild Forum! Things will be more organized as we get around to it.

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Raid Restructuring: In the grim, bright future, there is only friendship.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raid Restructuring: In the grim, bright future, there is only friendship.  (Read 3463 times)
Sanjo9
Newcomer

Level: 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 01:48:28 pm »

Of course, Loyalty.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Asheras/simple
If you're wondering why my belt is missing a gem, it's because there's a better one I can buy with VP come next week.  It's basically the same situation I had with my helmet.  Additionally, I HAVE a better belt in my inventory but it's BOE and as a result I'm reluctant to use it.  On the subject of enchants, I don't have much money and have taken up archaeology once again in order to finance all this.

My raid attendance on Sundays, when the spring semester starts, won't be guaranteed.  However, I will make Thursday.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 01:50:08 pm by Sanjo9 » Report Spam   Logged
Parasprite
Newcomer

Level: 1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 09:51:13 pm »

Not applying to the group, but I thought I would chime in on what it takes to clear normal Dragon Soul 10.

2 Tanks (One with DPS offset)
3 Healers (One with DPS offset)
0-2 Melee
3-5 Ranged DPS

DPS should be able to do 25k+ single target to clear Dragon Soul 10N.  A good way to check if you are ready is to run "Fall of Deathwing" on Raid Finder difficulty and turn Recount on for Ultraxion.  If you are below 25k at ~378 gear on that fight, consider reading a class guide.

For tanks, certain classes excel on certain fights, but for normal mode any two should do.

For healing the best bet is to take the first three that are willing to heal.  If you continue using World of Logs, I can review them and check for improvements that could be made if healers are struggling.  I'm also more than happy to give advice on any healing spec if I'm online.
Report Spam   Logged

Eaadora
Newcomer

Level: 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 01:33:16 am »

I'd like to be part of Loyalty on Littlepip is there's still DPS open!
Report Spam   Logged
Parasprite
Newcomer

Level: 1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 01:27:26 am »

I went over logs from today, and noted some areas healers could improve.

In General
-Mythical Mana Potions and Concentration Potions are great to have handy when raiding new content.  For example, drinking a Mana Potion after the Mana Void on Yor'sahj can save the tanks life.

Storm
-Riptide should be used off-cooldown.  During AoE phases it can be put on random raid members, and if damage isn't happening to the raid the tank is always a good target for a Riptide.
-Mana Tide Totem is rather awesome to handle Mana Void spawns on Yor'sahj.  Other than that, it is good to use off cooldown if you and the other healers would regain mana from it.  (<70% is a good time to use it)
-Other than that everything looked pretty good, though some of the Healing Waves could be replaced with Chain Heal / Greater Healing when damage is high.

Defahn
-You can remove Healing Touch from your action-bars.  Rejuvenation is nearly twice as mana-efficient and has a twice the throughput.  In the situation where someone is near-death and a HoT is not suitable, Regrowth is a better bet with 3/3 Nature's Bounty.  (You can move points out of Living Seed to fill it in)
-Using a Nourish or Regrowth to keep Harmony (Restoration mastery) up is a good way to increase throughput.  Casting a Nourish to refresh Lifebloom on the tank is a good way to accomplish two tasks at once.
-Wild Growth and Swiftmend should be used off-cooldown as long as two or more players are injured.  They are the two best spells in the Druids toolbox after Tranquility.
-It is good to get into the practice of using Innervate on yourself when you first drop below 80% mana and off-cooldown after that.  On Yor'sahj, you will want to save it for the Mana Voids, as it can give you enough mana to continue healing with no problems.
-During high-damage phases the highest throughput priority is Swiftmend > Wild Growth > Regrowth (if no Harmony buff) > Rejuvenation on a new target
-Lifebloom uptime was nearly 100%, which was very good.  Sorry if I seem overly harsh, my main is a Druid healer.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: